Taekwondo Club Australia | The Principles of Taekwondo
Tuesday, March 29th, 2016
Behind every taekwondo master who has had extensive taekwondo training, there are principles they have put in their heart which allowed them to achieve success as who they are. These principles keep them grounded even after lots of major achievements. There are 5 principles of taekwondo and the Taekwondo Club Australia is going to tell you these principles.
Here are Taekwondo Club Australia’s 5 Principles of Taekwondo
- Courtesy means simply being polite. As a Taekwondo student, you can show your courtesy towards co-students and instructors by greeting them or bowing during sparring. Of course, you can also apply courtesy outside of your club. Being courteous doesn’t only help you with your taekwondo studies, it will help you to have a better and more positive outlook in life. If you are polite to people, if you respect them, then you will also receive the same treatment.
- The easier way to describe integrity is doing the right thing. In the field of taekwondo, integrity is important. If you know that you are doing the right thing, then you will not only progress physically but emotionally and spiritually as well. If you have integrity, you wouldn’t cheat in your competitions. Outside taekwondo, integrity is important as well.
- Keep on Going. Not Giving up. This is what perseverance means. If you want to achieve your goal and be successful, then don’t quit. Prove to yourself that you can keep on going. You may be facing in difficult situations that you can’t handle and makes you want to give up, but that is the part of the challenge. If you can’t face it, then you won’t be able to handle a more difficult challenge that you will face.
- Self Control is a vital taekwondo principle. You must learn to control yourself in different situations. Just because you have learned taekwondo techniques, doesn’t mean that you have to brag about them and use them to cause great harm to others. If you are not able to control yourself, then you are not fit to learn the art of taekwondo.
- Your indomitable spirit is the last principle you will need to be successful in the field of Taekwondo. When you are faced with a bad time, what makes you want to go on is your spirit. Your indomitable spirit is developed as you train in taekwondo.
More from Taekwondo Club Australia
These principles are not only applicable during taekwondo training, for people who practice taekwondo they practice these principles even outside the academy so if you’re looking for some useful thing to do to improve your health and personality then taekwondo should be good for you.
Remember that Taekwondo is not just about the kicks and punches. It is not just about fighting and defending yourself. In fact, Taekwondo is also about your inner values and morals. Taekwondo is a tool used to hone your inner self. There are more lessons to learn from Taekwondo Club Australia!
If you want to learn and improve these principles, enroll now at the leading Taekwondo Club Australia. Contact us now at 0425324443!