Mixed Martial Arts | Benefits of MMA Training
Wednesday, December 9th, 2015
Mixed Martial Arts is a combative sport with the combination of Boxing, Thai Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do and Wrestling.
Boxing hones the skill of punching, Thai Kickboxing improves the art of kicking, the Jiu-Jitsu teaches how to subdue the opponent on the ground, Jeet Kune Do teach to condition your body and mind while wrestling will build immense strength. All of these combined and you will get Mixed Martial Arts. Yes, you can have the best of all worlds through mixed martial arts.
Mixed Martial Arts can be more complicated than Taekwondo since it includes grappling, striking, either on the ground or standing and other more techniques. A fighter should be physically strong. This only means that he/she needs to train hard. With the help of Taekwondo Sydney — Mixed Martial Arts, there’s no doubt you can be one of the best. Train with us now!
Here are the benefits of Mixed Martial Arts Training:
Knowing how to fight will allow you to have a calmer mind and be more relaxed. Being relaxed, you will gain more confidence not because you know how to fight but because you know you can protect yourself. Building confidence is important, especially when facing more difficult challenges that lie ahead.
To learn any sport, as well as MMA, requires discipline. It teaches the discipline of the mind and body, as well as the discipline of eating right, sleeping right and training right. It will also enhance strength, endurance, balance and even self-respect.
Training MMA is a great physical workout as it builds overall physical condition. It will greatly help in toning your body.
MMA is also a great technique of self-defense. When you need to defend yourself, Mixed Martial Arts is your ultimate weapon. You can protect yourself and protect your friends and family too.
When bored or just want to pass the time, MMA is also helpful. Not only will you forget your boredom, it also will help you build your physical condition, improve your overall skills and abilities and improve your mentality as well. It is a great hobby and at the same time a good investment for your health.
Some men express themselves through fighting. Fighting is not only for violence, it is an art of self-expression. Channel your anger into something that will make you feel good after.
You can use MMA to join competitions. If you enjoy the victory and seeks for a challenge, you can use your training to compete against other trainers but be sure that you can handle it.
When you get too stressed or depressed, training MMA will help you release aggression through the exercise. You will have no time to think about stress as you will only think about the training that helps your body and mind.
Here are some other benefits of Mixed Martial Arts:
If you are looking for a great place to train Mixed Martial Arts, Taekwondo Sydney . Taekwondo Sydney is the leading taekwondo and martial arts academy. The best place to train Martial Arts with expert and knowledgeable instructors. We are the best at producing the best martial artists.
Here’s What You Need to Know about Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts Weight Class
|Class||Weight Range||Class||Weight Range|
|Flyweight||Up to 105 lbs.||Flyweight||Up to 95 lbs|
|Super flyweight||105.1-115 lbs.||Bantamweight||95.1–105 lbs|
|Bantamweight||115.1-125 lbs.||Featherweight||105.1–115 lbs|
|Super bantamweight||125.1–135 lbs||Lightweight||115.1–125 lbs|
|Featherweight||135.1–145 lbs||Welterweight||125.1–135 lbs|
|Lightweight||145.1–155 lbs||Middleweight||135.1–145 lbs|
|Super lightweight||155.1–165 lbs||Light heavyweight||145.1–155 lbs|
|Welterweight||165.1–175 lbs||Cruiserweight||155.1–165 lbs|
|Super welterweight||175.1–185 lbs||Heavyweight||165.1–185 lbs|
|Middleweight||185.1–195 lbs||Super heavyweight||Over 185 lbs|
|Super middleweight||195.1–205 lbs|
|Light heavyweight||205.1–225 lbs|
|Super heavyweight||Over 265 lbs|
Not Allowed on MMA Fights
- No groin attacks
- No knees to the head on a grounded opponent.
- No strikes to the back or the head or the spine.
- No head-butts.
- No eye gouging.
- No fish hooking.
- No biting
- No hair pulling.
- No strikes or throat grabs.
- No finger or toe manipulation.
- No intentional throwing off your opponent
Ways to End an MMA Fight
- If the fight lasts all rounds, the result of the fight will be decided by three judges. Each fighting promotion has its own unique point system.
- If a fighter engages in an illegal move, he will receive a warning. If he continues to do illegal moves and reached 3 warnings, then he will be disqualified. Disqualification can also be called if a fighter has been injured by an illegal and intentional move.
- If one of the fighters are injured before the match even begins and announced that he could not fight, then that is considered a forfeit.
- A knockout is when a fighter loses consciousness during the fight thanks to the opponent’s strikes and he cannot fight anymore.
- If both of the fighters have violated the rules, or if one fighter has been injured due to an illegal and intentional action, a no contest will be called.
- If one fighter achieves a submission hold the fighter that is trapped in the hold can call defeat by tapping out on his opponent’s body or the mat or by making a verbal announcement.
- A technical knockout is when the fight is ended by either the referee, the doctor or the corner of the fighter. This can be called when the fighter is critically hit or can no longer defend himself due to a good attack by his opponent.
Call Taekwondo Sydney — Mixed Martial Arts now!
If you want to know more about Mixed Martial Arts Sydney, you can visit Taekwondo Sydney or call us now at 0425324443!
Mixed Martial Arts is a combative sport with the combination of many types of other martial arts. If you want to know more, Contact us at (+61)425 324 443!